Genuine Community Engagement
CWP Renewables is committed to genuine community consultation and developing strong relationships with local landowners and the wider community.
Public consultation for the project commenced in March 2011 during the early stages of planning and feasibility assessment. Consultation with the local community has been underway ever since to inform the public, neighbouring residents, statutory regulators and other stakeholders, and to seek feedback on issues which should be considered during project design.
Community Consultative Committee (CCC)
The purpose of a CCC is to provide a forum for open discussion between representatives of the company, the community, the council and other stakeholders on issues directly relating to the Project’s operations, environmental performance and community relations, and to keep the community informed on these matters.
The Bango Wind Farm CCC was established in 2013. Members include:
- CWP Renewables representatives
- Thomas McGrath, Host landowner
- John McGrath, Host landowner
- Jayne Apps, Community representative
- Andrew Winterflood, Community representative
- Terry Sellwood, Community representative
- Laurie Hutchison, Ngunnawal Aboriginal Corporation
- John Walker, Councillor, Hilltops Council
- Geoff Frost, Councillor, Yass Valley Council
- Lisa Andrews, Committee chair
CCC Minutes are available for download:
- Meeting 17 – 17 Nov 2020 and BWF – November 2020 – Construction Update Presentation
- Meeting 16 – 18 Aug 2020 and Construction Update at 31 July 2020 and SWF Community Co-Investment Information Booklet
- Meeting 14 – 18 Feb 2020 and Acronyms Rev1 – March 2020
- Meeting 13 – 12 Nov 2019 and Acronyms – Nov 2019
- Meeting 12 – 27 Aug 2019
- Meeting 11 – 16 Apr 2019
- Meeting 10 – 17 Jan 2019
- Meeting 9 – 5 Sep 2018
- Meeting 8 – 23 May 2018
- Meeting 7 – 22 Nov 2017
- Meeting 6 – 27 Apr 2017
- Meeting 5 – 26 Oct 2016
- Meeting 4 – 15 Jun 2016
- Meeting 3 – 16 Nov 2015
- Meeting 2 – 6 May 2014
- Meeting 1 – 8 Aug 2013
Bango Wind Farm Community Sponsorship
The Bango Wind Farm (BWF) Community Sponsorship program provides funds or in-kind support to community organisations and / or events in the Yass Valley Shire and Hilltops Council areas.
The BWF Sponsorship Fund supports initiatives that strengthen our local community, through programs that make a positive and lasting contribution and enhance the region.
Key areas for the BWF Community Sponsorship Fund include:
- Education and Training Initiatives;
- Community Development Programs;
- Health and Well-being; and
- Environmental Initiatives.
Applications are now open for the Community Sponsorship Fund.
Please read the guidelines thoroughly before applying.
Community Benefits Fund
A Community Benefits Fund has been established in the form of a Voluntary Planning Agreement with both Yass Valley Council and Hilltops Council.
The Project will contribute $2,825 per turbine installed to these funds each year for every year of operation.
The funds will be split between the two councils according to the number of turbines installed within each local government area. Community groups will have the opportunity to apply for this funding for community enhancement projects. Initiatives will be evaluated based on their relative merits, on their vicinity to the wind farm and on their accordance with council’s Community Plan.
To view the Agreements, click on the links below:
Community Investment Opportunities
CWP Renewables has developed a community investment model for its Sapphire Wind Farm and the Sapphire Solar Farm project. In summary, community members from the region have pledged to invest in the wind project with a guaranteed annual return.
Through the development of Bango Wind Farm we will be assessing the opportunity for a similar scheme.